As the school year winds down, and the itch of summer is approaching. We thought we would share our favorite summer foods!
The Perfect Grilled Cheese
The essential items:
- Soft crusty bread
- Melted butter
- Gooey cheese
Here are our secret tricks, make the cheese room temperature. It helps melt the cheesier easier.
Wanna be extra spectacular? Grill only one side of the pieces of the bread, add the cheese to the grilled sides, sandwhich the pieces together and then flip the sandwich on the grill so both sides grill. Yum! We like pairing a strong flavorful cheese with a soft gooey cheese so you have a full bodied grilled cheese. Try a mozzerella with a pepper jack or an american with a spread of brie.
If you are really feeling fancy, we like adding bacon, avocado, or even onions for that extra kick. Go beyond the traditional grilled cheese to have a spectacular summer!
For those breakfasts with friends following sleepovers, breakfast burriots are perfect for the next on the go day. After all, why waste another second of summer doing something boring? Here are your ingredients:
- warmed tortillas
- 4 eggs (or how many you need to make enough scrambled eggs for each burrito)
- bacon, chorizo sausage, ground beef, steak, chicken, etc
- salt and pepper to taste
- cheese (any kind)
- sour cream & guacamole
Now, breakfast burritos cannot get any easier. Which means more time for summertime fun! Warm the tortillas in the oven at a very very low heat while you cook the eggs. Scramble eggs are the best the burritos. we like mixing our cheese with the scramble eggs for melty goodness (the scientific term). From this point on, all you have to do is fill each tortilla with whatever items listed above or what your creativity brings you to. But remember to not get too creative where the tortilla cannot be wrapped. Wrap ’em up in aluminum foil and you’re good to go on your next summer adventure!
From nutella stuffed to dark chocolate dipped, strawberries are the fruit of the summer. Here are our favorite combinations:
- Cheesecake: hallow out the insides, rip off pieces of a cheesecake and knead it into the hallowed parts of the strawberry, garnish with crushed graham crackers.
- Deep fried: 2 dozen strawberries, 1 cup pancake mix, 1/2 cup milk, 2 tbsp. milk, vegtable oil, and powdered sugar. Mix pancake mix and milk together, dip strawberries into this mix, and then fry until golden brown. Drain them on a plate covered with paper towel and sprinkle powered sugar on top. optional: hallow out the strawberries and fill with a mixture of cream cheese confectioners sugar and a dash of vanilla extract.
- Greek yogurt & Chocolate chips: for a healthy and light dessert, hallow out strawberries once more, and fill with plain or vanilla greek yogurt and top with chocolate chips.
What are your favorite summer dishes?
Share with us and we will feature you!